Mud Volleyball Is FULL for 2016!
For more information about the mud volleyball tournament, contact us at email@example.com
- DO NOT WEAR JEWELRY IN THE PITS -several wedding rings have been lost!
- NO COOLERS can be brought into the Event!
- Wear denim or tightly woven clothing.
- Bring a pop up tent for shade.
- Taping shorts to tucked-in shirts prevents shorts from falling.
- Wearing swimsuits under clothes makes showering easier.
- Do not wear contact lenses.
- Swim goggles may be helpful.
- Shoes are optional. They’re very well may be rocks or debris in the mud pit. Again, each player plays at his/her own risk.
- Duct taping socks to your feet may help reduce scrapes to your feet.
- Bring plenty of towels.
- A spray bottle filled with water helps clean your face off.
- A bucket of water helps for quick clean ups.
- HAVE FUN!
2016 Altoona Palooza Mud Volleyball Tourney – Rules
1. Co-ed teams – minimum of three (3) women must be on the court at all times. Teams will play with six (6) total players on the court. A team may not begin play until these requirements are satisfied. Failure to meet player criteria will result in a forfeit 10 minutes after scheduled match time. Teams will not be reimbursed for forfeited match.
2. If more than one contact a girl must touch the ball before it goes back over the net.
3. Each team captain must check in at least 30 minutes prior to their first game with a complete roster. Players may not be added after this roster has been submitted.
4. Participants may play on only one team per day. Participants must be 16 years old to play and must have a waiver signed if under 18 years old.
5. The tournament director may eject any player who displays flagrant or gross unsporting behavior (this includes drunkenness).
6. Any ball which hits the outline of the court will be considered good. “Let Serves” are allowed.
7. For safety purposes, players may not step on or outside the court outline to play the ball. Any ball outside the outline will be declared dead and the appropriate side-out/point will be awarded.
8. Players may not purposely add mud to the ball. No dunking or throwing the ball – PENALTY: side out/point to other team.
9. Winner of coin toss chooses serve or side at the start of the match. Team will switch sides when a team reaches 15 points.
10. All games will be played to 30 points using rally style scoring method (points awarded on all serves, including side-outs). Teams must win by two (2) points or max of 25 minutes. This will be round robin ending with single elimination. This will mean each team will play a minimum of 4 games.
11. Each team is allowed one (1) time-out, one minute in length, per game.
12. Team captains may substitute an unlimited number of times.
13. Only the team captain may speak with the referee during the game.
14. Games may not be protested; referee’s decision is final. Referees may seek help from tournament director in reaching decisions.
15. Serves may not be blocked or attacked. The server MUST stay in the pit when serving.
16. Intentional delay of game will result in side-out/point for the opposing team.
17. Spectators and substitute players must remain 10′ from the court.
18. All participants play at their own risk. Every effort to insure safety has been made, but a mud pit carries an obvious natural risk.
19. Match will continue in the rain. In the event lightning is sighted, the tournament director reserves the right to suspend play, alter, and/or cancel matches at his discretion.
20. If your team must drop out for any reason, please notify the registration table.
21. KEEP ALL CHILDREN (AND OTHER NON-PARTICIPANTS) OUT OF THE MUD AT ALL TIMES!
22. No coolers can be brought into the event. Food and drinks will be available for purchase at the event.